Do you like to lead by example? Are you hardworking and organized? We are looking for a Foreman having leadership, clear communication skills and an aptitude for training crew members.
- Proven experience laying pavers, building retaining walls, woodwork, irrigation installation, and hard & soft landscape
- Must be able to operate and maintain equipment such as excavators, bobcats, a variety of small engine equipment, and power tools
- Must enjoy working in the outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must thrive and be able to lead in a fast-paced environment under constantly changing conditions
- You must be motivated, punctual, have good communication skills, a positive attitude, and a strong work ethic
- A minimum of 3-years experience in landscaping is required
- WorkSafeBC-approved clothing is required (steel toe boots, gloves, safety glasses and rain gear)
- Must have current Occupational First Aid
What to expect
- This job requires frequent bending, the ability to hold and carry weights up to 60lbs, as well as a variety of physically demanding tasks including kneeling, walking, stretching, and squatting for most of a day. If you are not afraid to be exposed to dust, dirt, noise and changing weather conditions, this job is for you!
Successful candidate must have a valid BC driver’s licence and reliable transportation to and from work sites across greater Victoria and a reliable cell phone.
Preferred Education: Secondary School
A minimum of 3-years experience in landscaping is required.
Previous Irrigation Tech experience an asset.
Applications: Please apply with resume and references to this posting.