We have openings for motivated long-term employees in full-time and part-time positions for year-round employment. We will provide on the job training for those who would like to grow with the company.
- Ability to work with and operate hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, and handle a variety of materials.
- Follow instructions and be an active listener. You must be versatile and willing to do all types of jobs.
- You should love to work with a fast-paced team under constantly changing conditions.
- WorkSafeBC approved clothing is required (steel toe boots, gloves, safety glasses); rain gear is recommended.
- Build fences, decks, and patios.
- Lay pavers, build rock- and retaining walls.
- Create water features and build irrigation systems.
- Install gardens, including clearing activities, transporting materials using wheelbarrows and shovels and plant trees, shrubs.
- Load and unload materials and tools
- Maintain equipment – keeping things clean and in good working order. Notify your Foreman of any tools or equipment needing service or repair.
- Perform other duties to assist with the completion of projects.
- Maintaining standards of cleanliness and organization on job sites and yard areas.
- Ability to work as part of a supervised team as well as independently.
- You are motivated, punctual, have good communication skills and a positive attitude combined with strong work ethic.
- Must have strong attention to detail and demonstrate initiative.
- Previous Irrigation Tech experience an asset
What to expect
- Work takes place in various weather conditions including heat, rain, dust, noise, and cold.
- This job requires frequent bending, holding, and carrying weights up to 60lbs, as well as a variety of physically demanding tasks like kneeling, walking, stretching, and squatting for most of a day.
The successful candidate needs to have a valid BC driver’s licence and reliable transportation to and from work sites across greater Victoria and a reliable cell phone.
Preferred education: Secondary School.
Experience: A minimum of 1-year experience in landscaping is an asset but not essential.
Applications: Please apply with resume and references to this posting.
$18.00-$25.00 per hour
Our team works a 40 hour condensed work week (Tuesday thru Friday); extra hours may be available to move a project forward.
hours/availability to be discussed